Beard balm or beard oil? Which one is more preferable?
Are you one of many men that do not know the difference? Although both kits help upkeep most men’s facial hair, there notable results that will make you ask yourself “which one is much better? Is it the balm or the oil?”
If you are currently confused which one to use; is it balm vs oil for your beard? You should, at least, know the difference.
What is beard oil?
One of the most popular facial moisturizers for men who wanted to groom and keep the health of their beard is the beard oil. It helps hydrate the skin and soften the beard hair.
What is beard balm?
Another formula that helps groom men’s beard; also, it helps hydrate, moisturize, and soften the beard hair. However, beard balm is a waxed formula that helps seal in the moisture.
To fully understand the difference between the two beard-grooming-products, here are a few similarities and differences that will help you choose between products:
Beard Oil and Beard Balm Similarities
• Both balm and oil act as facial moisturizer and beard conditioner.
• Both products can soften, reduce dandruff, and maintain the health of the beard.
• Both balm and oil contain essential oils and carrier oils.
o Essential oils – Most of the beard oil and beard balm contains essential oils, mostly tea tree oil, peppermint, and more.
o Carrier oils – Another popular form of oils are the carrier oils; similar with essential oils, these are used in aromatherapy, massage, and even for skin care. A few examples are coconut oil, moringa oil, and more. These oils are often used to soften the beard and hydrate the skin.
Beard Oil and Beard Balm Differences
- The ingredients; aside from their actual form, both have a different formula. The beard oil is found to contain two major ingredients – the carrier and the essential oils; the beard balm, on the other hand, contains 4 major ingredients – the carrier and essential oils, moisturizing agent, and sealant. If you read this first, before buying any product, you’ll get a chance to choose what is right for you, according to the formula.
- The actual use – One of the most notable differences between two excellent forms of beard-grooming-product is their actual use.
The experts believe and recommend their clients to use beard oil if they own short beard. According to the experts, most beard oils are formulated and constructed not to shape and get a hold onto facial hair, instead, these oils are commonly designed to moisturize, strengthen, and hydrate both the skin and the beard. The beard balms, on the other hand, are commonly formulated for long beards. Since long beards are hard to control and the balm contains sealant, it’ll be easier for you to maintain the health of your beard and control them as needed.
Both beard oils and beard balms are exceptional when it comes to beard-grooming; thus, if you are still unable to decide which bear-grooming product will you choose, read more reliable reviews on these.